NOTE: TBA= To be announced
- Miami Herald- Oct. 31
- Pulliam Journalism Fellowship Nov. 1 (3 letters of recommendations)
- Star-Ledger New Jersey. Summer 2012 Internship
- Washington Post Nov. 1 (2 letters of recommendations)
- Boston Globe Nov. 1 (1 letter of recommendation optional)
Broadcast Journalism Reel pointers (by Danielle Benavides)
- Reel is a clip presenting a broadcast journalist.
- Watch your timing: 3-6 min. First 8 secs are CRUCIAL!
- Appearance- clean & consistent on your reel.
- Watch for your Tone/Voice.
- Don’t bother with CDs.
Sneak Peek @ Resume workshop
- Check your layout.
- Make sure you have white space.
- Accommodate to the news outlet
- NETWORK WITH EVERYONE YOU MEET
El Nuevo Sol
- Brain Storming.
- Diana and Charlie will work on the story of Obama and Education: Trying to reduce student loans.
- Next meeting we will meet via SKYPE with a Multimedia producer from Univision.
- Next Wednesday we will have our Resume Workshop @ 3pm Nov. 16. (Place TBA).
- Sabela will be presenting the proper way to use statistics on print and broadcast projects.
- Dec. 7 Social Meeting Panel.
- Next event to do volunteer work hours on Dec. (day TBA)
- Contact Paula for P.R. internships.
- Nov. 18 Univision Tour. 9am – 12pm.
- Ipod raffle. $5 each ticket. Each member must sell 10 tickets.