Date: Monday, February 11, 2013 | Time: 3-4 p.m. | Location: MZ 201
I. Call to Order
- A. 3:00 p.m.
II. Officers Report
- President Martinez suggested that members look at the scholarships available on the NAHJ website and if anyone still hadn’t joined NAHJ membership fees are now $35.
- There will be a volunteer opportunity with Telemundo Health Fair on Sunday March 11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- The journalism department is hosting a mixer for all the clubs on Thursday February 21 at 5 p.m.
- The ABC News tour is scheduled for Thursday March 28 at 4:30 p.m. and those who are attending must arrive promptly.
III. Unfinished Business
A. Officer Elections
- President Martinez informed club members that there were officer positions still open. Cynthia Carrazco was voted in as Treasurer and Karen Guzelian was voted in as Multimedia officer. Secretary Claudia Gonzalez reminded the club that all officer positions have now be filled.
B. Fundraising Event Ideas- Claudia Gonzalez said she had looked into the TV tapings idea for raising money for the club. In order to get funds the club would have to have at least 10 or more people go to a taping. Karen Guzelian said she had participated in TV taping fundraisers as well and would look into possible contacts for the club.
IV. New Business
- Club Shirts- The designs for the shirts are on the club’s Facebook page and are scheduled to be ready for the mixer on Feb. 21.
- Bake Sale- Claudia Gonzalez thanked everyone who helped make the bake sale a success and the club earned $56.
- Panel Ideas- President Martinez recommended that the first panel for the semester be about Latina journalists and Claudia Gonzalez suggested that the panel could be in March to coincide with Women’s History Month. President Martinez will look into contacting journalists for the panel and the event would occur either on March 21 or 27.
V. Adjournment (4:00 p.m.)
Download .doc format: CLJ Minutes for Feb. 11, 2013