Date: Monday, February 18, 2013 | Time: 3-4 p.m. | Location: MZ 201
I. Call to Order
A. 3:00 p.m.
II. Officers Report
a. President Martinez gave the club an update on the club shirts: an order of 48 shirts will cost $500 and be $15 per shirt. If anyone wants to preorder their shirts they need to bring the money to the club meeting next week with their shirt size & choice of shirt style (regular or v-neck).
b. President Martinez also reminded members that attending the CCNMA mentor program that the even is next week and those who are planning to carpool need to arrive at the ABC studios no later than 4:30 p.m.
c. This Thursday is the mixer with all the journalism clubs at the Satellite SSU after the panel.
d. President Martinez also reminded the club that if you sign up for something please be certain that you are able to attend.
- a. Claudia Gonzalez reminded the club that the event “Define American” with Jose Antonio Vargas is next Tuesday, February 26 at 4 p.m. at the Northridge Center in the USU.
C. Social Media
- a. Alex Corey asked that if any club members have pictures from any CSUN Latino Journalists related events to email them to him at firstname.lastname@example.org He will be putting those pictures up on the club’s Facebook and Twitter page.
III. Unfinished Business
- A. ABC Tour (Evening News)- The tour has been officially set for Thursday, March 28 at 4 p.m. and the list will be going around for anyone who wants to attend and those are aren’t at the meeting can email President Martinez.
IV. New Business
- A. Chrysler Challenge- President Martinez informed the club about a challenge made to both the New York and Los Angeles Chapters of NAHJ. The Chrysler 30 Day Step into Fitness and Wellness Platform is a program where NAHJ members are challenged (NY vs. LA) to walk and have a more active life. The winner of the challenge will raise $5,000 for their scholarship fund and the other will raise $2,000.
- B. UCLA Mixer- There will be a mixer/event for journalism clubs in the Los Angeles area on March 1st from 6-8 p.m. at UCLA.
- C. Pitch-Design-Drive Panel- The event is this Thursday at the Sala De La Osa at the Satellite Student Union from 5 -7 p.m. President Martinez asked for ideas on what kind of thank you bags we should give to the panelists.
- D. Women in Journalism Panel- The date is still subject to change depending on whether the panelists are able to attend. President Martinez would like the event to be on March 21st (Thursday) at 7 p.m. and asked that flyers and a Facebook page for the event be made.
V. Adjournment (4:00 p.m.)
Download .doc version: CLJ Minutes 2-18