Student chapters of the California Chicano News Media Association
and National Association of Latino Journalists
Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013 | Time: 11 to 1:30 a.m. | Location: MZ 201
I. Call to Order
- 11 a.m.
- Officers report
II. President’s remarks
- President Alex Corey informed the new potential members of the value of the club. Corey said that he will send an email with more information on job descriptions and how to be considered for a board position. Corey talked about membership fees $20 for CCNMA and $35 for NAHJ and made a case for why that will be money well-spent.
- Adviser Jessica Retis talked to the potential members about what the club had to offer them.
III. New business
- New members.
- Corey took down names for an email list and answered questions pertaining to the club.
- Election: Corey talked to the potential about the upcoming election in two weeks which would decide the new board. Currently an interim board is in place.
- CCNMA event: Corey informed the club of the CCNMA job opportunities fair which will be held at USC Oct. 24 to 25. The club is expected to carpool for the event.
- Adjournment (11:30 a.m.)
Download Minutes: CSUN LJ Minutes Aug 28.