Student chapters of the California Chicano News Media Association
and National Association of Latino Journalists
Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013 | Time: 11 a.m. to noon | Location: Manzanita Hall 201
1. We began our meeting with elections for a new board
- Vice president: Nathalie Ramirez
- Secretary: Janelle Marie Rodriguez
- Treasurer : Flory Ramirez
- Multimedia: Michael J. Arvizu
- Public relations: Vivian Meza
- Events: Cynn Carrazco
- Historian: Denice Castellon
2. Editor in Chief for El Nuevo Sol, Joanna Jacobo, stopped by and spoke a few words about the club.
3. The Secretary of Salsa Libra also came by the club and spoke about future fundraising with the Latino Journalists.
4. El Nuevo Sol and CSUN Latino Journalist set up a video workshop scheduled for 11 a.m. on Sept. 25.
5. Coding workshops will be held in November.
6. October is “El Mes de Hispanidad.”
7. Fundraisers: Find something different that is not just baking cookies, etc.
8. Paperwork for board members to be filled out next week
9. The club discussed designs for club T-shirts.
10. The club discussed mixers with other clubs and organizations.
11. The CSUN Public Relations Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) “Getting to Know You” mixer is at 8 p.m. on Sept. 12.
12. The annual recognition conference is Sept. 28. Should we have an additional board member attend?
13. Should we have a Muslim and Latino social?
14. President Alex Corey needs to give Michael password for the blog.
15. New CSUN Latino email needs to be created.
16. Meeting adjourned at 12:04 p.m.