Student chapters of the California Chicano News Media Association
and National Association of Latino Journalists
Wednesday, Sept. 18 | Time: 11 a.m. | Location: Manzanita Hall Room 201
1. Rubi Martinez started off the meeting and spoke about CCNMA and NHAJ and its benefits of being apart of the organization and attending the conference she is the student rep of the organization.
- Contact information: RubicMartinez@gmail.com or @rubicriss.
2. Oct.17 National Association of Hispanic Journalists details at 7 p.m. Location to be announced.
3. Oct. 24 to 27 CCNMA Convention : They are offering a pre-registration of $20 but they will return it to you when you show up to the event. Sept.27th is the deadline for that.
4. Add club members to club members internal Facebook group.
5. Professor Jessica Reis informed us of the Karla Morrison of the T.Howard Foundation. She will visit the club to talk about internship opportunities on Oct.16
6. Alex confirms the appointments of Denise (historian) , Vivian (public relations).
7. Creating a carpool System for CCNMA convention.
8. Refresher of Joanna Jacobo from El Nuevo Sol: video workshop originally scheduled for Sept.25 is now tentative.
9. On Oct. 2 from noon to 4 p.m., there will be a Speed Mentoring Event at the Orange Grove Cafe at CSUN. The event includes pizza lunch and free parking, Students must RSVP as space is limited. RSVP at www.CSUNALMUNI.com/speedmentoring, call (818)-677-2137 or email email@example.com.
10. We then took a photo of the club members and board members .
11. Board members email individual photo.
12. Upcoming workshops will include : video, diction, resume and cover letter, interviews (what to do and not to do), social media, internships, work on portfolio, writing and editing, and graduate studies.
13 Annual recognition is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 28.
14. Create flyers for each workshop.
15. Twitter change for the club
16. Try to Livestream tweet during the club.
17. Meeting adjourned at 12:07 p.m.