Student chapters of the California Chicano News Media Association
and National Association of Latino Journalists
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 | Time: 11 a.m. | Location: Manzanita Hall Room 201
1. Quick advisement field trip.
2. Journalism department library hours: 8 to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 8 a.m. ti 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
3. Ice-breaker activity
- What has been your favorite journalism class ?
4. Resume workshop.
- Future workshop will touch on cover letter writing.
5. Jonathan Diaz’s email address: Jonathan.email@example.com
6. Contact Daily Sundial opinion sections editor Luis Rivas. He has access to a backdrop and lights we can use.
7. Get a mentor.
- “It’s not what you know, it’s who knows you”
8. Help create blogs, portfolio, twitters next week.
9. Undesirable Application. Clean Up Social Media.
10. Future tour at ABC.
11. New Event Added: On Oct. 9, guest speaker Joanna Renteria will join us. She is a CSUN graduate and works as a student freelance reporter for Mundo Fox.
12. El Nuevo Sol update.